I headed back to work this morning. If you follow me on social media, you may have seen my posts confessing my fears and anxiety surrounding this next transition.
I’m nervous yet very much looking forward to going back to a job I love, seeing my awesome colleagues again and having a more structured daily routine.
My work as a nurse adds a whole additional element of confidence to my life. Picking up my practice again will be so good for both my mind and heart.
My fears stem from leaving my kids. I worry about how my children will tolerate my absence and how I’ll feel being away from them for most of the day. I worry about the things I will miss. I don’t want to miss the funny observations Emmett makes or any of his new dance moves. I don’t want to miss Ruby’s first steps or her first words.
I have been asked several times how I am going to “fit it all in” (work, kids, blogging, fitness) and from where I am sitting right now, I’m not totally certain.
What I do know, is that when I am mindful of how I am spending my time, I tend to get a lot done. When I make a point of focusing on the pieces of my life that I consider priorities and don’t allow myself to get off task or distracted by things like social media, web surfing, emails, basically anything involved the internet…I.AM.A.BOSS. I seriously get shit done.
Time is valuable and so are goals. My plan is to be mindful of how I spend my time so that I am doing the things that are important to me – spending time with my kids, workouts, writing, connecting with friends, sleeping.
In future posts, I’ll write about what I’m doing to keep myself organized, focused and in alignment with my goals as I adjust to this new beginning. But I’ll also mention the things that get me off track, distract me or challenge my discipline.
My hope is that by sharing both the wins and the challenges, that my experience might help other busy moms who feel limited by time, energy, or confidence. Girl, where there’s a will, there’s a way. Let’s find it. Let’s get after those big dreams and goals and achieve a healthy balance in the process. Thank you for all your support and for sticking with me through this journey.
MONDAY – SWIM
- Standard Warm Up (100 Bk, 100 Fr, 100 1-Arm Fly, 100 Br Pull Only, 100 Reverse IM)
- 40 X 25 Bk (Underwater Dolphin Kick 10m, then Bk for 25 m)
- 5 sets of 8
- 8 – :40s rest
- 8 – :30s rest
- 8 – :20s rest
- 8 – :15s rest
- 8 – :10s rest
- 5 sets of 8
- 5 X 200 Fr (60% – 70% – 80% – 90% – 100%)
- 1 – :15s rest
- 2 – :30s rest
- 3 – :45s rest
- 4 – :60s rest
- 5 – :60s rest
[Total Distance: 2500 m]
TUESDAY – REST DAY
WEDNESDAY – HOME
- P90X Legs & Back
- P90X Ab Ripper
THURSDAY – GYM/JOG
- Jog 4 miles
- SUPERSET #1
- 4 X 12 Hammer Curl to Shoulder Press (30-30-30-30)
- 4 X 12 Chest Press (55-55-55-55)
- 4 X 30 Hanging Oblique Crunches
- SUPERSET #2
- 4 X 12 Bent Over DB Fly (30-30-30-30)
- 4 X 12 DB Row (30-35-40-45)
- 4 X 10 Triceps Dips (Body Weight)
- SUPERSET #3
- 4 X 12 Lat Pull Down (70-70-70-70)
- 4 X 12 Chest Press Machine – Both Grips (50-50-50-50)
FRIDAY – HOME
- P90X Kenpo
- P90X Ab Ripper
SATURDAY – GYM
- Run 1 mile
- 50 Double Pump Walking Lunges
- 40 Ab Mat Situps
- 30 Air Squats (15 lb KB)
- 20 KB Swings
- 10 Push Ups
SUNDAY – REST DAY
- Poor Man’s Stew
- 2 lbs. Lean Ground Beef
- Epicure Selection’s 3 Onion Dip Mix
- Epicure Selection’s Herb & Garlic Seasoning
- Garlic Powder
- Onion Powder
- Salt & Pepper
- 1 can Tomato Paste
- Put raw ground beef in Crock-pot, cook on high until no longer pink.
- Drain grease from meat, add water to Crock-pot and cook on high until mixture is boiling, drain grease again. (I do this about 2-3 times so that the meat is super lean)
- Season with spices.
- Add diced carrots. (I moved the meat to one side of the Crock-pot and put the carrots on the other side so that it would make for easy measuring of proteins, carbs and veggies)
- Cook carrots until tender.
- Served with baby roasted potatoes.
- Ham & Broccoli Egg Bake
- 2 Shallots
- 2 Garlic Cloves
- 2 cups Ham, diced
- 14 Eggs
- 2 cups Egg Whites
- Sharp Cheddar Cheese
- Salt & Pepper
- Boil broccoli until just soft, set aside and let it cool.
- Put a bit of olive oil in a saute pan and saute shallots and garlic until shallots are translucent.
- Add ham and cook for another 5 minutes.
- Whisk eggs, egg whites, salt and pepper together.
- Layer broccoli and ham on the bottom of a baking dish.
- Pour egg mixture over top.
- Sprinkle LIGHTLY with sharp cheddar cheese – don’t go overboard here…just a little to add some flavor to the dish…keep it clean baby. 😉
- Smashed Baby Potatoes
- Green Beans
- Toss in olive oil, salt and pepper.
- Bake @ 350 for approx 25 minutes.
- Boiled until tender.
- Season w/ salt and pepper.
- Technically carrots are a starch but I am using them as a veggie this week because they were fresh from the garden and damn, they taste so good.
- Blueberry Pumpkin Spice Overnight Oats – link to recipe in prior post.
- Vega Protein Shakes
- Lara Bars
Have a fabulous week!!