Happy Monday, Cool Cats!!! Oh Mama, I am SORE today…I had some challenging workouts this past week that have left my muscles hurtin’ but I am heading to the pool for a killer core workout today (lots of dolphin kicking) because I booked childcare, I am taking advantage of it and I can’t pass on a swim day, love it, love it. But tomorrow, will be my rest and recuperation day…stretch, yoga, recover, sit on my buns, listen to Bossypants by Tina Fey on audible and laugh like crazy. I listened to this audio book as I was meal prepping last night and I was dying laughing, out loud, alone, in my kitchen. Not even 10 minutes in and it is so fricken hysterical.
Seriously, Tina…I adore you. Wine soon? Next Friday? Sounds good.
And now for the weekly workouts….
MONDAY – REST DAY
TUESDAY – HOME
- Dirty 30 Extreme
- Pilates Fix Extreme
WEDNESDAY – HOME/JOG
- Lower Fix Extreme
- 10 Min Hardcore (Abs)
- Jog 3.5 Miles
THURSDAY – GYM
- Warm Up: [Run Stairs to Track/Loop Around Track/Run Down Stairs/5 Pushups] X 3
- 4 X 15 Dumbbell Bench Press – (55) Dumbbells
- 4 X 15 One Arm Dumbbell Rows – (27.5-30-30-35) Dumbbells
- 4 X 15 Assisted Pullups
- 4 X 15 Bench Weighted Tricep Dips (25) Plate
- 4 X 15 Lat Pull Downs (50-55-55-55)
- 4 X 15 Weighted Back Extension (10) Plate
- 2 X 25 Ab Mat Sit Ups
- 1 X 25 Med Ball Russian Twists (8) Med Ball
- 2 X 25 Ab Mat Sit Ups
FRIDAY – GYM
- 4 X 15 Deadlifts (50-60-70-80) Fixed Bar
- 4 X 15 Leg Extensions (50-55-60-60)
- 4 X 8 Front Squats (50-60-70-70) Fixed Bar
- 4 X 15 Box Jumps (Don’t know the height of the box – sorry)
- 3 X 30 Standing Calf Raises (60-60-60) Dumbbells
- 4 X 15 Leg Press (2 wide/2 narrow) (shit guys…I forgot to write this one down too)
- 4 X 15 Hamstring Curl (60-65-65-65)
Workout Credit: @chris.giles_
SATURDAY – HOME
- Jog 3.5 miles w/ my girl, Rubes.
SUNDAY – SWIM
- 300 Swim
- 200 IM Drill
- 400 Dolphin Kick w/ Fins
- 5 X 300 [Free/Pull w/ paddles/(50 Fr/50 NonFr)/Pull/Free]
- 8 X 50 [2 X Kick/2 X Swim Rpt]
- 200 Cooldown
[Total Distance: 3000m]
Workout Credit: Reston Masters Swim Club
- Shrimp/Tofu Pad Thai – recipe from The Looneyspoons Collection Cookbook (one of my fav cookbooks)
- Salsa Verde Pulled Chicken (This one I just made up – so easy and so good.)
- Throw some chicken breasts in a crockpot (about 2 lbs.)
- Sprinkle with garlic powder, onion powder, cumin, whatever you like.
- Pour a jar of Salsa Verde in there.
- Cook on low for 6-8 hours.
- Shred with a fork.
- Basmati Rice
- Rice Noodles (Pad Thai)
- Mixed Greens
- Salad kits
- Mixed Berries
- Protein Shakes (Dry Ingredients – protein powder, shredded coconut, chia seed)
- Cut some Lara Bars in half for easy grab and go snack portions.
- Baby Carrots in snack portions.
There you have it friends…last week in a nut shell.
Happy Canada day to my fellow Canadians…and Happy 4th of July to my American counterparts…hope everyone had a glorious weekend!